Saturday, July 7, 2012

More on Cabernet Apt

Just a few more tidbits on the Cabernet apt.....some (or really all) of these details are boring, but they are more for our future reference in case we want to stay here again.

Took my 2nd shower today and think it's a decent size shower (by European standards) and it has a sliding glass door so water doesn't get all over the bathroom.  It's also a tall shower so the shower head is high up and tall enough for Joe.  I had to wash my hair today so I took a pretty long shower and Joe still got a hot shower after me so that's a pretty good sign that the building has good water heaters.  PS:  Shower stall is not flush to the floor so you have to step up into it, which is fine, but stepping out can be slippery so be careful!

I'm also really pleased with the storage space in the bathroom...under the sink and behind the mirror.  There's also a ledge above the sink so you can fit all your toiletries very easily.  The hall bathroom is similar.  There are also 2 hairdryers in the apt that work well so that's one less thing you'll need to bring in your luggage. 

There is a nice full length mirror in the bedroom and another one behind the closet door in the hallway so it makes getting ready very easy.

The lighting is really good....plenty of overhead recessed lighting and lamps throughout the apt. 

Finally, the apt has central AC.  We turned it on tonight to get rid of the humidity and it seems to work very well.  Some of the Paris Perfect apts were advertised as having "portable" AC units....not window units, but ones that you plug in...probably similar to fans.  Seems like the central AC is better....one of the reasons we picked this unit over others.   

I did another load of laundry today and the washer works really well....again you can't fit much, but it works and allows you to pack less, which I did for this trip...but despite my efforts, still didn't get it quite right, but much better than my packing in the past.  We only brought one suitcase each and no carryons (other than our laptops and my purse) so it made it much easier.  Now that I'm here, I realize I could have even brought less, but should have brought warmer clothes.  I'm so glad I brought 2 pairs of sneakers because they keep getting wet and I can rotate them while one pair dries (thank you daddy for the lesson of rotation). 

One last thing...the Cabernet is advertised as "sleeps 4", but it's really best for 2 adults (or maybe 3 adults if you include Bean, Joe and Kritter....haha) or 2 adults and 2 kids.  The sofa is meant to sleep 2....one on top sofa part and one on the trundle bed underneath, but it doesn't seem all that comfortable for sleeping and  I can't imagine 2 adults being comfortable on it....seems better for kids.  So, I would probably be hesitant to stay in one of these apts with alot of people unless each person/couple had their own room.

No comments: