Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Charming details of Cabernet Apt

This entry is really for me to go back to as a reference.  The more time I spend here, the more I love the apt.  I am really liking all the details in this apt so I took some close up photos of the ceiling and moldings.  I also really like the floor to ceiling drapery...makes the ceilings look even bigger (a tip I've heard before from Nate Berkus).  Finally, I had to take photos of these 2 pictures hanging in the bedroom....Kritter has the same ones in her bathroom.


















Whoever designed this apt did a fantastic job and made the most of a relatively small space.  See some additional photos of the kitchen.  The benefit of a tiny kitchen is that it's easy to work in as everything is so close.  It would probably not be the greatest kitchen to prepare big meal, but for someone who doesn't cook much, it's ideal.







Also, just in case you were wondering, I'm really enjoying the washer!  It does a terrific job and you can really fit more than I thought.  The dryer is terrible though so I just hang everything and use the drying rack.  If we ever come here again, I'm bringing almost nothing.  Because of the cooler than expected weather (it does not feel like July at all...I would say it feels more like spring, which I'm really enjoying) I'm repeating things anyway so why bother with alot of stuff....although it's nowhere near what I used to bring on a vacation, I'm still not a great packer.  We did check the extended forecast before the trip, but I guess coming from a heat wave we didn't really believe that the high would only be 70 and 50s at night.  In fact today the high is only going to be 64...again perfect for me, but many would not be happy with this weather.

No comments: