Saturday, July 7, 2012

Laundry in Paris

You are probably not surprised to see that one of my first posts in Paris is about doing laundry.  I'm not sure why I love doing laundry so much, but I just do.  So, when I discovered Paris Perfect on the internet and read the fine print about the Cabernet apt, I was thrilled to see that it came with a washer/dryer all-in-one unit.  I was very skeptical about this combo thing, but to my surprise it worked just fine......yes, I've only been here a little more than a day and have already done laundry! 
The unit is very small (and the instructions say it's not for towels), but I was able to fit what Joe and I wore on the flight in one load.  The normal wash cycle setting is 2 hours!  But, you can do a quick wash in 45 min, which is the setting I used and the clothes came out just fine and seemed clean.  PS:  The apt comes with a customized instruction guide in English for all the appliances and electronics in the unit.

The apt includes a small drying rack.  I also brought some of my own hangers because I wasn't sure how many the apt would supply, but I was again pleased by the amenities because they supplied a good amount of hangers for the closets, but they are the hotel kind where you can't take them out of the closet. So, I will use my own to hang wet clothes.  The dryer works, but they said it takes a very long time, so I probably won't use it much.

Knowing me, I will add more to this post later as I do more laundry this week.  Bet you can't wait!

Another laundry aside....when we were walking around yesterday we found a laundromat down the street....I already checked it out as a backup plan in case this one doesn't work very well.  It seemed clean with good washers/dryers.  So, if we were going to be here for an extended period I would probably end up going there instead of using the one in the apt.



No comments: